Weight loss after pregnancy can be a struggle but it is quite easy to lose that baggy weight. The bad news is that there is no quick fix; the good news is that with healthy eating and exercise you can get your pre-pregnancy figure back quicker than you thought possible. You will need plenty of patience and allow yourself 3 months before embarking on any strict weight-reducing diet.
Allow yourself at least 9 months to regain your pre-pregnancy weight. Remember that this can get you on the road to a healthy, active lifestyle, which can only benefit you in the long run.
Just follow the weight loss after pregnancy tips and you will start noticing a change within yourself soon.
How to Lose Weight after Pregnancy:
- Walk as much as you can: Start with light walking once in a day gradually making it twice a day. Slow walking for 30 minutes should be sufficient after post delivery.
- Count your calories: While dieting is not advised it is better to keep a count on your calories intake, which should be around 1600 calories. Like, a woman eating 2,000 calories per day could eat 300 fewer calories and burn an extra 200 calories through exercise, making a reduction of 500 calories in total.
- Smart food choices: Switch to smart food choices like oats, brown rice, brown bread, soup, and salads as they are healthy, filling and won’t add on extra calories on you.
- Keep yourself well-hydrated: Increase your water intake as it helps in burning calories and a great way to keep skin healthy and tight.
- Breastfeed exclusively: Breastfeeding helps in burning all the extra calories. So while it is helping you in losing your weight it is beneficial for your baby as well.
- Massage helps: Massage your tummy with pure coconut oil or any good lotion at least twice a day it will help to tighten the skin and promotes good blood flow.
- Stay positive: Weight lose after pregnancy is not easy, you took nine months to gain the weight; it will not go in a week or in a month’s time so relax, and keep a positive state of mind. Be happy and don’t lose hope.
Yoga: Some of the yoga poses that you can try are as
- Bridge pose
- Cobra pose
- Child pose
- Tree pose
- Warrior pose
- Seated twist
Things to Keep in Mind while Losing Weight After Pregnancy
- Be patience & be positive
- Give time
- Belly binding
- Low fat diet
- Drink water
- Kegel exercise
Carrying some extra pounds after pregnancy is very normal. Don’t get discouraged if it takes longer to tighten your skin give yourself some time. Being healthy will allow you to have time with your baby and get the most out of being a new mom. The best and most possible way to lose weight is through a healthy diet, breastfeeding and exercise.
Reign Life Sciences is a chain of Supplement Stores with presence in 28 cities PAN India as of today. We offer the worlds best supplement brands like Optimum Nutrition, MuscleTech, BSN, IspPure, Dymatize etc. 100% Genuine & authentic supplements are guaranteed at BodyBuilding India Stores.